Rural Georgia needs safe and modern facilities and infrastructure to help achieve a greater quality of life and access to essential services.
U.S. Department of Agriculture Rural Development State Director Joyce White urges communities to contact us to apply for funding from the Community Facilities Loan and Grant program, “In Georgia we currently have $89 million loan and $710 grant allocation remaining to invest by September 30, 2020. I’d love to see all of these funds utilized for prosperity in Rural Georgia; we know that when rural America thrives, all of America thrives.” More info at (706) 546-2171 or contact your Area Office, see https://www.rd.usda.gov/contact-us/state-offices/ga
Who may apply for this program?
Eligible borrowers include:
- Public bodies
- Community-based non-profit corporations
- Federally-recognized Tribes
What is an eligible area?
Rural areas including cities, villages, townships and towns including Federally Recognized Tribal Lands with no more than 20,000 residents according to the latest U.S. Census Data are eligible for this program.
How may funds be used?
Funds can be used to purchase, construct, and / or improve essential community facilities, purchase equipment and pay related project expenses.
Examples of essential community facilities include:
- Health care facilities such as hospitals, medical clinics, dental clinics, nursing homes or assisted living facilities
- Public facilities such as town halls, courthouses, airport hangars or street improvements
- Community support services such as child care centers, community centers, fairgrounds or transitional housing
- Public safety services such as fire departments, police stations, prisons, police vehicles, fire trucks, public works vehicles or equipment
- Educational services such as museums, libraries or private schools
- Utility services such as telemedicine or distance learning equipment
- Local food systems such as community gardens, food pantries, community kitchens, food banks, food hubs or greenhouses
More Info can be found here: https://www.rd.usda.gov/programs-services/community-facilities-direct-loan-grant-program/ga