Sonny Skinner of Sylvester, Ga., representing River Pointe Golf Club in Albany, Ga., finished in the top 20 at the 46th PGA Professional National Championship, earning an invitation to the 95th PGA Championship, Aug. 5-11, at Oak Hill Country Club in Rochester, N.Y.
Rod Perry of Port Orange, Fla., captured his first National Championship in his second appearance, at Crosswater Club. He finished with a 3-under-par 69 and 10-under-par 277 total.
The following PGA Professionals will compete at the 95th PGA Championship:
– Rod Perry of Port Orange, Fla., representing Crane Lakes Golf and Country Club in Port Orange, Fla.
– JC Anderson of St. Louis, Mo., representing Mid-Rivers Golf Complex in Saint Peters, Mo.
– Danny Balin of Rockville, Md., representing Burning Tree Country Club in Greenwich, Conn.
– Mark Brown of Oyster Bay, N.Y., representing Tom O’Shanter Club in Brookville, N.Y.
– Caine Fitzgerald of Parker, Colo., representing Murphy Creek Golf Course in Aurora, Colo.
– Bob Gaus of St. Louis, Mo., representing Tower Tee Golf Center in St. Louis, Mo.
– Kirk Hanefeld of Acton, Mass., representing Renaissance Golf Club in Haverhill, Mass.
– Rob Labritz of Pound Ridge, N.Y., representing GlenArbor Golf Club in Bedford Hills, N.Y.
– Jeffrey Martin of Warwick, R.I., representing Norton (Mass.) Country Club
– David McNabb of Newark, Del., representing Applebrook Golf Club in Malvern, Pa.
– David Muttitt of Albuquerque, N.M., representing Paa-ko Ridge Golf Club in Sandia Park, N.M.
– Ryan Polzin of Houston, Texas, representing Royal Oaks Country Club in Houston, Texas
– Lee Rhind of Midland, Texas, representing Midland (Texas) Country Club
– Mark Sheftic of Blue Bell, Pa., representing Merion Golf Club in Ardmore, Pa.
– Sonny Skinner of Sylvester, Ga., representing River Pointe Golf Club in Albany, Ga.
– Jeff Sorenson of Blaine, Minn., representing Columbia Golf Club in Minneapolis, Minn.
– Bob Sowards of Dublin, Ohio, representing New Albany (Ohio) Country Club
– Mike Small of Champaign, Ill., representing the University of Illinois in Champaign, Ill.
– Stuart Smith of Reno, Nev., representing Somersett Country Club in Reno, Nev.
– Chip Sullivan of Troutville, Va., representing Hanging Rock Golf Club in Salem, Va.
The 46th PGA Professional National Championship presented by Club Car, Mercedes-Benz and OMEGA is the showcase event for PGA Professionals. This year marked the third National Championship to Central Oregon.
The National Championship featured a total purse of $550,000, and is supported by Titleist/FootJoy, Callaway Golf, Nike Golf, TaylorMade-adidas and Ashworth Golf and the PGA Tour.
Established in 1968, the PGA Professional National Championship roster of Champions includes past and present Tour professionals: Sam Snead, Bob Rosburg, Don Massengale, Ed Dougherty, Larry Gilbert and Bruce Fleisher.
About The PGA of America
Since its founding in 1916, The PGA of America has maintained a twofold mission: to establish and elevate the standards of the profession and to grow interest and participation in the game of golf. By establishing and elevating the standards of the golf profession through world-class education, career services, marketing and research programs, The PGA enables its professionals to maximize their performance in their respective career paths and showcases them as experts in the game and in the multi-billion dollar golf industry. By creating and delivering world-class championships and innovative programs, The PGA of America elevates the public’s interest in the game, the desire to play more golf, and ensures accessibility to the game for everyone, everywhere. As The PGA nears its centennial, the PGA brand represents the very best in golf.