The Sylvester Splash Park opened for visitors on the morning of Saturday, August 1. There will be an official grand opening after some finishing touches are made. The Park will be opened seasonally from 10:00 a.m. until dusk.
If the Splash Park is to be enjoyed by everyone, there are several rules and regulations that must be followed to ensure safety and to maintain the park’s quality. The Sylvester City Council recently adopted a list of rules for the new park. There will be no lifeguard on duty so everyone that visits the splash park must do so at their own risk. All children under 16 must have adult supervision at all times. In cases of emergency 911 must be called.
Listed below are the rules of Splash Park:
- Swim suits and/or appropriate attire must be worn at all times.
- At first sign of thunder or lightning, please vacate the park/splash pad and seek a fully enclosed shelter.
- Water shoes are strongly recommended.
- All participants must conduct themselves in a courteous, safe, and family oriented manner. Running, boisterous/rough play, horseplay, and undue disturbances are prohibited.
- Do not climb, hang, swing, or pull on any of the splash park equipment.
- Children who are not toilet trained MUST wear swim diapers (regular diaper changing should occur) and please do not change diapers on splash pad.
- Drinking, spitting, and spouting of water from mouth/nose are not allowed.
- Consumption of food/drinks are not allowed on the splash park. Glassware and similar materials with a tendency to shatter on impact are not allowed in the splash park area.
- Persons with open cuts or sores, infection or diseases that may be transmitted by pool water are prohibited.
- Persons are prohibited from using the splash park as a bathing facility.
- Athletic equipment, balls, bats, beach balls, noodles, inflatable pool toys, etc. are not allowed in the splash pad area.
- The use of profane language will not be tolerated.
- Dogs/pets are not allowed in the splash pad area.
- Radios, tape players, boom boxes, or other acoustical devices are only permitted when used in conjunction with personal headsets and no electrical appliances within 5 feet of pad.
- Skateboards, roller blades, bicycles, and/or scooters are prohibited on the splash park.
- Alcoholic beverages and illegal drugs are prohibited.
- Do not cover water fixtures or drains.
- Splash pad may be closed at any time due to maintenance or other concerns
- For equipment maintenance problems, please contact 229-776-8505